Virtual Full Spectrum Doula Training for Nurses, etc.
Time & Location
About the Event
COVID-19 has presented doulas, pregnant people, and healthcare workers with a unique situation in providing support during labor and delivery. In response to the safety and well -being of patients during COVID-19 hospitals have issued new policies that only one person is allowed into the bring room and in some instance no one is allowed. To address the need for healthcare professionals to be able to center the autonomy of the patient. We are offering a abdriged version of full spectrum doula training specificially geared towards nurses who would like to be able to support birthing people.
Our course will cover the following:
- Centering the Emotional, Physical, & Spiritual
- Human Rights Framework to Center Bodily Autonomy
- Understanding and Mangaing Stress & Triggers
- Understanding Racism & Implicit Bias in Care
- Centering Cultural Humility Framework
- Comfort Measures for Hospital Based Births
- Understanding & Supporting Unintended Birth Outcomes
- Understanding the Trauma-Informed Care and the Birthworker
This course is covered in two 2.5 hour sessions. A certificate of completion will be awarded at the end of the course. homework and self -reflection activities and handouts will be provided.
Understanding that some may be experiencing financial situations we are providing this course on a sliding scale. We are asking that if you have the means to pay the full price then please do.
Upon registration, you will be provided with a link to receive a password to the class. If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Supporting Pregnant People$50$500$0
- Supporting Pregnant People$75$750$0
- Supporting Pregnant People$100$1000$0
- Supporting Pregnant People$175$1750$0
- Supporting Pregnant People$250$2500$0